Important Notice on CPE Audits
The Georgia State Board of Accountancy will be utilizing NASBA to conduct the CPE Audits for the 2014-2015 reporting period. Active Georgia CPAs have been randomly selected from our database. You will receive an email and letter from NASBA outlining your requirements. All documentation is due by July 31, 2016.
The Public Accounting Firm License LATE Renewal Window is now Open
Your Georgia Public Accounting Firm license expired on June 30, 2016, please visit https://gaboa.mylicense.com/egov/Login.aspx to complete your firm renewal before September 30, 2016. You will need to register as a new user and create a new login. Print and complete the 2016-2018 Public Accounting Firm Registration Renewal Application from the Forms Download link on the left side of this page and create a PDF file of the completed document(s). Click on the License Renewal link to begin the renewal process, and be guided step-by-step through the online renewal. The process only takes a few minutes. After completing and uploading your renewal application, you may pay your renewal fee using your MasterCard or Visa card via our secure server.
Your license renewal will not be complete until you have answered the questions, submitted the renewal fee and submitted the renewal application with the Peer Review documents, if applicable.
Submit your renewal online in minutes - just follow these quick and easy steps:
- Visit the Georgia Online Licensing site at https://gaboa.mylicense.com/egov/Login.aspx.
- You will need to register as a new user and create a new login.
- Click on the License Renewal link to begin the renewal process.
- Review your address and contact information. Submit any changes to the Board Office on Firm Letterhead via email to email@example.com in PDF format.
- Upload your completed renewal application and Peer Review documents (if applicable).
- Pay your renewal fee(s) using your MasterCard or Visa on our secure server.
- Print your receipt of payment.
- Verify your renewal online after one week at www.cpaverify.org .
- You will receive a plastic wallet license card from NASBA within 6 weeks after the renewal is complete.
If you choose not to renew online and would like to submit a paper renewal application, please print the 2016-2018 Public Accounting Firm Registration Renewal Application from the Forms Download link on the left side of this page and submit to the Board office. Make sure to include your Firm license number on all correspondence to the Board office. Please note that renewing by mail may take up to 4 weeks to process after the completed renewal application is received. You cannot practice after your license expiration date.
AVOID FINES & BOARD SANCTIONS BY RENEWING YOUR LICENSE TODAY!
Important Notice on Fees for Reinstatement of Individual CPA Licenses and Firm Licenses
Pursuant to Board Rules, effective April 13, 2016, the reinstatement fees for Georgia licensees will be as follows:
- Individual CPA License: $300.00
- Firm License: $1,150.00
Effective April 13, 2016, ALL reinstatement applications RECEIVED in the Board Office shall be accompanied by the appropriate reinstatement fee as stated above. Updated reinstatement applications will be posted in the Forms Download link just prior to the effective date.
Effective July 1, 2014, the Georgia State Board of Accountancy was transitioned from operating as a licensing board within the Secretary of State’s Professional Licensing Board (PLB) Division to operating as an attached agency of the State Accounting Office.
You can reach the GSBA at its new location and via new contact information listed below. All inquiries are important to us and will be addressed as soon as possible.