Current Quarter HCM Timing Schedule
Normal HCM System hours are 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays. On the days when payroll processing groups A (Business Units 402-427), B (Business Units 428-492), and C (Business Units 467 plus all 900 business units) are confirmed, the HCM system is only available from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. due to the significant time required to process payroll for these groups. On days when all other processing groups are confirmed, the system comes down at 6:00 p.m. for payroll processing.
System access is normally 24/7. There are exceptions when system maintenance is needed by either IBM or the TeamWorks team. These outages are communicated ahead of time to the users.
For listing and explanation of Payroll Run IDs please click here.
On days when all other processing groups are confirmed, the system comes down at 6:00 p.m. for payroll processing. System access for Saturday and Sunday is normally 24/7. There are exceptions when system maintenance is needed by either IBM or the PeopleSoft team. These outages are communicated ahead of time to the users.
Payroll Processing Definitions
Please review the following definitions for further clarification of Payroll Processing terms.
- Open Pay Runs: This is a process executed by the HCM Production Support Staff to allow data entry for the new payroll period.
- Payroll Run ID: Designates groups of payrolls to be processed by the pay calculation and pay confirm programs in PeopleSoft. Payroll Run ID’s are designated on the calendar with 3 digit combinations that are always prefixed by a letter, e.g., HD2, HE2, NE3, etc. Each agency receives a Payroll Run ID from SAO when they initially move their payroll functions onto PeopleSoft.
- Pre-Confirm Change Report: A report which reflects changes in earnings and deductions since the prior pay period. We produce the report twice for the payroll processing groups A, B, And C to allow these agencies an extra day to validate the payroll data. After the first Report the agencies have the next day to make corrections if necessary. We only produce once for the report the smaller weekly payrolls.
- Rapid Pay Data Entry Batch Header: A Rapid Pay Data Entry Batch Header must be created before you can use the Rapid Pay Data Entry Panel. When adding the Header, you must use your agency number as the first three characters. For example, “403HRLY” is the header for “Agency 403 Hourly Employees”. Remember that Rapid Pay Data Entry cannot be entered without a run id.
- Confirm Payroll Dates: The date when payrolls are finalized and subsequently checks printed. This is the deadline for all HR and Payroll Entry for the current payroll period. On the morning following the final payroll “Confirm”, the next pay cycle is opened for off-cycle reversals, adjustments, and on-demand or manual checks.
- Leave Accrual and Forfeiture: Leave Accruals for all agencies are run on the 15th and last day of each month, with the exception of DOT leave accruals on the 9th and the 24th. Leave Forfeiture is run on the 7th of each month (the 9th for DOT).
- Bank Reconciliation: Dates are noted on calendars for agencies using this feature. This process is run once a month for the previous month and usually occurs around the 17th of each month.
Reminder: Agencies should process and confirm reversals prior to entering on-demand and manual checks. Having multiple paylines active at the same time for the same employee can cause issues when payroll calculations are done.
Production Support: If you have any questions, please contact SAO Customer Service Center @ 404 657-3956 or 1 888 896-7771.