The General Ledger Module stores summarized account information from the subsidiary modules (Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, and Labor Distribution) and off-line systems. It provides for an integrated financial system and accounting structure through the setup and maintenance of control tables. These control tables define various functions and accounting identifiers within the system. They may be shared by multiple business units or maintained, uniquely, by business unit.
The General Ledger module provides:
- The ability for users to enter manual journals
- The ability for users to copy, reverse and/or delete journals
- The ability for users to request ad-hoc reports and queries
- System-generated and maintained editing, budget checking, and journal posting processes
- Automatic daily activity reports and month-end close reports